Spring market is the busiest selling season when it comes to real estate! With all the buzz about the market favouring sellers, does that mean that you should just sit back and wait for your home to sell?
You can. But we suggest continuing to put your best foot forward. When selling your home, it really does make a difference if you commit to refreshing, cleaning and staging your home.
Top 5 classic quick tips:
- Get your home spotless – this includes inside closets, baseboards, cupboards, around the stove, under the sofa, and definitely every inch of your bathrooms. People love a clean home when they see one!
- Stow away your valuables– That antique jewelry your Aunt Edith gave you when you turned 16 can find a new temporary home. Better to keep it out of sight for security and peace of mind.
- Clear up clutter – Extra furniture, old clothes and toys, fridge magnets and an abundance of decor can be packed up to make way for more space on tables, floors and counter tops, allowing buyers to focus on your home. Bonus points if you donate your extra stuff to a local charity.
- Depersonalize – Family photos should be packed up carefully and removed from walls, and tables. For example, a family photo gallery in the foyer brings the buyers attention to the pictures and the sellers, and not to the house. If your goal is to sell the house, best to remove all distractions from the eyes and minds of the buyers.
- Call in a professional – Sometimes, it best to call in a professional stager. In some cases, staging can increase the selling price of your home by up to 17%. Looking for a referral? Ask you Real Estate Agent who will gladly assist!