In this fast-paced market, homes are selling more quickly than ever, but location is still a factor that should be considered by Buyers. Is it close enough to school, work, and other amenities that are important to you?
When you’re thinking seriously about moving, take the time to do a little research and take advantage of the internet, and talk to friends who may live or frequent the area to help you decide if it’s the right buy for you.
Here are are a few great ways to learn more about a neighbourhood whether you are moving across town or to another province:
- Use Google Street View- to map out streets and find amenities close by, and don’t forget to use street view to consider the overall condition of the homes, and the community centres, or local parks.
- Check Google Reviews and Yelp- to get an idea of what kinds of shops, restaurants and other features are nearby and to see if these are places that you would like to visit or use.
- Google Map Destinations- map out your routes to work, school, soccer, access to the 401, expressway or any other destination you think you will be using regularly. Does it makes sense to buy a home that is 20 minutes from the highway, if you commute?
- Ask your REALTOR® – We are a great resource that can help you understand the demographics of a neighbourhood, let you know where people tend to shop or go to school, and other characteristics that can help you imagine living in your potential new home.
- Take a hike– Walk around the home, and streets. Do you feel comfortable? What are the neighbours like? Is it an acceptable level of traffic? Only you will know if the area is right for you.