We are on week three of quarantine in our home and as we adjust to the changes, I have found that it can get easy to get distracted. So I came up with a list of things that I have done, or will do at home during the COVID-19 quarantine. I hope you find them as beneficial as we have!
1. Review your finances, cut extra expenses. Consider continuing this way beyond the self-quarantine period.
2. Practice recipes from scratch.
3. Read those books you wish you had time to read.
4. Sort through your clothing and belongings and prepare them to be donated. After this period is over, there will be people who will enjoy and need your stuff more than you like storing it and not using it or wearing it. Take this time to make your abode (where you’re spending most/all your time) your place of peace.
5. Rearrange the furniture. Switch it up! Change the dynamics. Think differently about your space.
6. Spend more time with your pets and your kids. They want what is most valuable — time.
7. Look up new Instagram or Facebook accounts or websites that motivate or educate you and bring you closer to where you want to be 6 months from now.
9. Move. Slowly like yoga or tai chi or quickly like a HIIT workout. Or just get fresh air.
10. Give yourself permission to grieve, breath, and return to yourself. This time will pass. So what will you do with it?